Best Build for Yaoyao in Genshin Impact
Pros & Cons
- Very cheap and F2P friendly character with value
- The only Dendro healer available (as of 3.4.)
- Bloom-related teams value (and need) healing as Dendro cores inflict self damage, so having a 2-in-1 Dendro healer and enabler opens to more synergies
- Good Dendro application, especially with Burst
- Provides constant healing
- C1 and C2 are good early constellations
- Damage is low and irrelevant
- The only scenario where Yaoyao deals considerable damage is in a SuperBloom team with Nilou as a On-Field Dendro Enabler and with 3 other Hydro characters.
- Burst's On-Field limitation may result in a DPS loss in some teams
- To heal and apply Dendro with her Burst, Yaoyao has to stay on the field for its whole duration, or else its effects will disappear
- Needs a lot of Energy Recharge
For a detailed breakdown of the best Yaoyao teams go to the Yaoyao team guide page.
Yaoyao is a Dendro Healer and Enabler. With the help of her friend Yuegui, a yellow rabbit, she applies Dendro to enemies and heals the active character based on her Max HP. Yuegui can be spawned with both Skill and Burst and provides the same effects, with the exception that Burst can spawn 3 of them, but requires Yaoyao to stay On-Field or else they will disappear.
Yaoyao's healing isn't massive but still handy; Skill's Dendro application is really low and might not always fulfill your needs, so, in teams where she is the only Dendro character (Especially SuperBloom), she relies a lot on her Burst. She however needs a considerable amount of ER% to have her Burst up often.
Skill > Burst
Yaoyao's healing is based on her Skill's multipliers for both Skill and Burst. Burst increases said healing output by adding another multiplier to the Skill.
Main stats: ER% or HP%/HP%/Healing Bonus%
Sub stats: ER% (until comfortable) > HP% > EM > HP
Yaoyao heals based on her HP and needs a lot of ER% to cast her Burst consistently. EM is useful if she triggers Quicken or Bloom, but shouldn't be taken into priority.
Basically just a HP stat stick, very cheap. ER% sands is recommended here.
Favonius Lance gives ER% to Yaoyao and more particles to the team, however its passive effect can't be triggered while Yaoyao is off field (which is most likely) so it loses some value. Favonius requires at least 40% Crit Rate on Yaoyao to work properly so using a Crit Rate Circlet would be preferred.
Any Energy Recharge weapon works as a stat stick but most of them have DEFINITELY more value on other characters, hence they're not worth mentioning.
4pc Deepwood is used to support Dendro DPS characters or Bloom, Hyperbloom and Burgeon DMG. Yaoyao is a perfect holder of this set.
If Yaoyao is paired with ATK scaling characters, this set gains some value as she can keep its bonus up decently.
Same as Tenacity: valuable if Yaoyao is used with ATK scaling characters. However it is most likely to have another Noblesse holder in the team, and its effect do not stack.
Useful in Bloom related teams to boost EM, but has very low healing output due to lower stats as a 4* set.
At the end of the duration, the Sea-Dyed Foam will explode, dealing DMG to nearby opponents based on 90% of the accumulated healing. (This DMG is calculated similarly to Reactions such as Electro-Charged, and Superconduct, but it is not affected by Elemental Mastery, Character Levels, or Reaction DMG Bonuses). Only one Sea-Dyed Foam can be produced every 3.5 seconds. Each Sea-Dyed Foam can accumulate up to 30,000 HP (including overflow healing). There can be no more than one Sea-Dyed Foam active at any given time.This effect can still be triggered even when the character who is using this artifact set is not on the field.