Best Build for Wanderer in Genshin Impact
Pros & Cons
- Quick animations and excellent mobility
- Top tier character for overworld exploration
- Has access to a signature Artifacts set and a dedicated support, which significantly increase his DPS output
- Intuitive playstyle featuring a different stamina mechanic that doesn't require stamina management skills
- High versatility: suitable for both single target and AoE fights
- Plenty of possible team synergies, works with many different Off-Field supports/enablers
- His A1 passive talent grants him buffs based on the elements he swirls when activating his Skill
- Prone to interruptions due to being a melee Catalyst user
- Wants a Shield to attack smoothly in combat
- Low Energy generation
- His dedicated support, Faruzan, generates enough energy to compensate only at C6
- No F2P / easily obtainable weapons
- Lacks access to reactions that scale up his own damage
- Ascension materials are hard/boring to farm
For a detailed breakdown of the best Wanderer teams go to the Wanderer team guide page.
Anemo DPS build
The Wanderer is an Anemo on-field DPS character who mostly deals damage through his Normal and Charged Attacks, enhanced by his Skill, and his Burst. He attacks mid-air: his Skill gives him the ability to hover as well as a different stamina bar, with a blue-ish color, which will be used for sprinting and lifting. While Wanderer is in his Skill state, his Normal and Charged Attack DMG is increased, and CAs do not consume any stamina. He can function as both a Hypercarry (with Faruzan as a teammate) or as an Anemo Driver for elemental teams, which will however decrease his personal damage.
Normal Attack = Skill > Burst
Both his NA and Skill talents are frequently used in combat, so it is important to invest resources into them. Burst is a not negligible source of damage, it can receive less attention but it's still recommended to level it up eventually.
Main stats: ATK/Anemo DMG/Crit
Sub stats: ER% (until comfortable) > Crit DMG/Rate > ATK% > EM
Usual offensive stats are recommended on Wanderer to focus his DPS on pure Anemo DMG. He is often played with elemental supports and his kit features Swirl reactions so some EM is useful but not extremely necessary.
Wanderer's signature and best weapon, specifically made for him.
A solid replacement to his signature weapon. Wanderer spends a considerable amount on the field so he is able to fully profit from Lost Prayer's passive effect.
Although The Widsith's passive is situational and has a lot of downtime it is still one of the best possible weapons on Wanderer, especially with refinements.
Recitative: ATK is increased by 60~120%. Aria: Increases all Elemental DMG by 48~96%.Interlude: Elemental Mastery is increased by 240~480.
Solar Pearl has a similar DMG output to Widsith with the only difference that it is not F2P friendly. Its passive synergises well with Wanderer's signature artifacts set as well.
Perhaps the only F2P weapon for Wanderer, less efficient if compared to the ones suggested above but it still provides a solid Crit DMG stat and an ATK increase.
Skyward Atlas and Dodoco Tales are ATK stat sticks and have less value if Wanderer receives ATK buffs from his team, however they're still nice options if your crits are balanced. Memory of Dust is also valuable since you will most likely play him with a shield.
Only suggested for its Crit DMG, passive can't be triggered.
4pc Pavilion is Wanderer's signature and best set, better than any other recommendation in terms of damage. It only lacks resin efficiency, kinda.
4pc Shimenawa on the contrary is more efficient to farm and still provides a similar NA/CA DMG output. It will however take Energy from your Burst to work and it might be tricky to utilize in some occasions. It is recommended to use this set temporarily and switch it to a 4pc Paviliob later on.
2pc combinations of +15% Anemo DMG and +18% ATK are less effective but easier to farm and balance stats.
Without Faruzan's shredding and buffing abilities, Wanderer is best played as a reactions driver. 4pc VV sacrifices his personal damage to support his team.
4pc Berserker is basically a Crit Rate stat stick but it is game changing at the early stages of your journey.