Best Build for Shenhe in Genshin Impact
Pros & Cons
- Unlocks peak damage for Cryo units
- Mono-Cryo is viable through Shenhe
- Excellent variety in buffs.
- Res shred, Cryo Dmg buff, other Dmg buffs, Icy Quills
- The "Quota" mechanic allows for very good damage scaling.
- You can consider their buffs as an extension of their personal damage.
- Quota buffs "borrow" others crit stats
- Easy to build, only needs talent levels, ATK and ER
- Decent F2P weapon options
- Not a significant upgrade over replacement units
- Comps that Shenhe fits in can work without her, but she does improve the damage
- Very specific niche polarizes her pull-value
- Shenhe is a powerful unit but only really becomes valuable if you play her specific teams
- Character synergy is a currently debated topic, her value may go up with future units.
- Poor energy management (wants a lot of ER)
- Shenhe isn't a competitive Cryo Battery
- Needing story-locked materials for growth hurts newer accounts
Performs up to five consecutive spear strikes.
Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to lunge forward, dealing damage to opponents along the way.
Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
The frosted dew, silvery and dense, shall exorcise all demons.
Grants all nearby party members the Icy Quill effect and deals Cryo DMG in different ways based on whether it is pressed or held.
Rushes forward together with a Talisman Spirit, dealing Cryo DMG to opponents along the path.
Commands the Talisman Spirit to deal AoE Cryo DMG.
When Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attacks, Elemental Skills, and Elemental Bursts deal Cryo DMG to opponents, the DMG dealt is increased based on Shenhe's current ATK.
The Icy Quill's effects will be cleared once its duration ends or after being triggered a certain number of times.
When held rather than pressed, the Icy Quill's effect lasts longer and can be triggered more times.
When one Cryo DMG instance strikes multiple opponents, the effect is triggered multiple times based on the number of opponents hit. The number of times the effect is triggered is calculated independently for each party member with the Icy Quill.
Unleashes the power of the Talisman Spirit, allowing it to roam free in this plane, dealing AoE Cryo DMG.
The Talisman Spirit then creates a field that decreases the Cryo RES and Physical RES of opponents within it. It also deals periodic Cryo DMG to opponents within the field.
Gains 25% more rewards when dispatched on a Liyue Expedition for 20 hours.
An active character within the field created by Divine Maiden's Deliverance gains 15% Cryo DMG Bonus.
After Shenhe uses Spring Spirit Summoning, she will grant all nearby party members the following effects:
- Press: Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst DMG increased by 15% for 10s.
- Hold: Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attack DMG increased by 15% for 15s.
Spring Spirit Summoning can be used 1 more time.
Divine Maiden's Deliverance lasts for 6 seconds longer.
Active characters within the skill's field deal 15% increased Cryo CRIT DMG.
Increases Level of Spring Spirit Summoning by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
When characters under the effect of Icy Quill applied by Shenhe triggers its DMG Bonus effects, Shenhe will gain a Skyfrost Mantra stack:
- When Shenhe uses Spring Spirit Summoning, she will consume all stacks of Skyfrost Mantra, increasing the DMG of that Spring Spirit Summoning by 5% for each stack consumed.
- Max 50 stacks. Stacks last for 60s.
Increases the Level of Divine Maiden's Deliverance by 3.
Maximum upgrade level is 15.
When characters trigger Icy Quill's effects using Normal and Charged Attack DMG, it does not count toward the Trigger Quota.
For a detailed breakdown of the best Shenhe teams go to the Shenhe team guide page.
Cryo Support Build
There's not much difference between a DPS or Support Shenhe as her damage is invariably tied to her utility. (especially when you consider how her Skill works) Her skill is limited by a quota, different from traditional buffs and can be seen as an extension of Shenhe's damage. (Shenhe borrows her party members' crit stats to deal damage) Shenhe also provides a lot of utility with her A1 passive that can give 15 Cryo Dmg% and her A4 gives 15 Skill/Burst or Normal/Charged DMG%.
Skill > Burst
While you want to maximize the talent level of your Skill talent, don't neglect your Burst provides both damage and utility through the Cryo Res shred scaling with talent levels.
Main stats: ER or ATK/ATK/ATK
Shenhe's buff scales from her total attack making ATK% valuable. ER and Crit stats help with her consistency and damage on her Burst. Crit Rate circlet may be used if carrying Favonius Lance.
Shenhe's personal weapon. It's only really valuable on her; on other units is mostly a stat-stick.
Another premium option that helps address energy concerns, overall very good choice.
Possibly her best weapon as a support, generating particles helps your party overall but will want some Crit rate to be practical.
High base attack and ER substat both are desirable on Shenhe
Situationally good, wants refines
Interesting option for Shenhe's personal damage
Favonius Lance waiting room
Noblesse Oblige offers more team utility gaining an upper edge over 2pc combinations but do lose out on personal damage. The flexibility is also useful but its recommended to transition into 4pc Noblesse as its more likely that Shenhe will be the best carrier on her teams.
ATK% combinatons are ideal for Shenhe's personal efficiency through Skill damage but the ATK buff from Noblesse will generally provide more value to your party.
Blizzard Strayer is a good option for Freeze teams if Shenhe's personal damage is a major factor towards clearing content. Sadly on Shenhe it is a niche pick.