Best Build for Sayu in Genshin Impact
Pros & Cons
- Access to 4PC Viridescent Venerer
- Designed with the Overworld in mind
- Her skill is useful for traversing long stretches of land
- Her healing is a meaningful boon while adventuring
- High burst cost and low particle generation
- Leads to high field time or massive ER investment
- Skill (hold version) is time consuming, hence never used in combat
- No crowd control and built-in buffs
- Other Anemo supports provide more utility overall. Replaceable later on
- Moderately expensive unit
- Clunky without constellations
- Needs above average artifacts to perform as well as other cheaper characters
Performs up to 4 consecutive strikes.
Drains Stamina over time to perform continuous spinning attacks against all nearby opponents.
At the end of the sequence, perform a more powerful slash.
Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
The special technique of the Yoohoo Ninja Arts!
Sayu curls up into a rolling Fuufuu Windwheel and smashes into opponents at high speed, dealing Anemo DMG. When the duration ends, she unleashes a Fuufuu Whirlwind Kick, dealing AoE Anemo DMG.
Enters the Fuufuu Windwheel state, rolling forward a short distance before using the Fuufuu Whirlwind Kick.
Rolls about continuously in the Fuufuu Windwheel state, increasing Sayu's resistance to interruption while within that state.
During this time, Sayu can control the direction of her roll, and can use the skill again to end her Windwheel state early and unleash a stronger version of the Fuufuu Whirlwind Kick.
The Hold version of this skill can trigger Elemental Absorption.
This skill has a maximum duration of 10s and enters CD once its effects end.
The longer Sayu remains in her Windwheel state, the longer the CD.
If Sayu comes into contact with Hydro/Pyro/Cryo/Electro while in her Windwheel state, she will deal additional elemental DMG of that type.
Elemental Absorption may only occur once per use of this skill.
The other super special technique of the Yoohoo Ninja Arts! It summons a pair of helping hands for Sayu.
Deals Anemo DMG to nearby opponents and heals all nearby party members. The amount of HP restored is based on Sayu's ATK. This skill then summons a Muji-Muji Daruma.
At specific intervals, the Daruma will take one of several actions based on the situation around it:
- If the HP of nearby characters is above 70%, it will attack a nearby opponent, dealing Anemo DMG.
- If there are active characters with 70% or less HP nearby, it will heal the active character with the lowest percentage HP left. If there are no opponents nearby, it will heal active characters nearby even if they have 70% HP or more.
When Sayu is in the party, your characters will not startle Crystalflies and certain other animals when getting near them.
Check the "Other" sub-category of the "Living Beings / Wildlife" section in the Archive for creatures this skill works on.
When Sayu triggers a Swirl reaction while active, she heals all your characters and nearby allies for 300 HP. She will also heal an additional 1.2 HP for every point of Elemental Mastery she has.
This effect can be triggered once every 2s.
The Muji-Muji Daruma created by Yoohoo Art: Mujina Flurry gains the following effects:
- When healing a character, it will also heal characters near that healed character for 20% the amount of HP.
- Increases the AoE of its attack against opponents.
The Muji-Muji Daruma created by Yoohoo Art: Mujina Flurry will ignore HP limits and can simultaneously attack nearby opponents and heal characters.
Yoohoo Art: Fuuin Dash gains the following effects:
- DMG of Fuufuu Whirlwind Kick in Tapping (mobile)/Press (PC & PlayStation) Mode increased by 3.3%.
- Every 0.5s in the Fuufuu Windwheel state will increase the DMG of this Fuufuu Whirlwind Kick by 3.3%. The maximum DMG increase possible through this method is 66%.
Increases the Level of Yoohoo Art: Mujina Flurry by 3.
Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Sayu recovers 1.2 Energy when she triggers a Swirl reaction.
This effect occurs once every 2s.
Increases the Level of Yoohoo Art: Fuuin Dash by 3.
Maximum upgrade level is 15.
The Muji-Muji Daruma created by Sayu's Yoohoo Art: Mujina Flurry will now also benefit from her Elemental Mastery. Each point of Sayu's Elemental Mastery will produce the following effects:
- Increases the damage dealt by the Muji-Muji Daruma's attacks by 0.2% ATK. A maximum of 400% ATK can be gained via this method.
- Increases the HP restored by the Muji-Muji Daruma by 3. A maximum of 6,000 additional HP can be restored in this manner.
For a detailed breakdown of the best Sayu teams go to the Sayu team guide page.
Healer and Swirl Support Build
Sayu provides mobility, Swirl, and off-field healing. Her A1 passive talent allows her to heal based off the amount of EM that she has whenever she Swirls an element, however it is not recommended to invest into it as the overall healing is less than a full ATK build. Her skill is one of the fastest way to move around in the open world without consuming any stamina, but it steals field time and it is not useful in combat at all. Its tap version can be used to generate energy, but nothing else. With the Viridescent Venerer set and Sayu's burst you'll be able to both heal and swirl to setup your team's rotation.
Burst > Skill
Raising her talents does increase her healing potential and damage; however, take note that her damage share is on the lower end so investment into Sayu is more about her utility.
Main stats: ATK% or ER% / ATK% / Healing Bonus%
Substats: ER > ATK > EM
Sayu will most likely need tons of ER due to her low particle generation and high burst cost.
A premium option but the sheer volume of ATK is very good, as well as the team buff from the passive.
If you plan on using Sayu alongside a shielder, this weapon might me an option as well, even if it doesn't give any team supportivity.
These ER weapons help offset Sayu's expensive burst, but at the cost of ATK. It is recommended to stack at least 40% Crit Rate if you are carrying Favonius Greatsword in order to trigger its passive regularly.
Although they lack ATK and ER, these weapons have EM and element-specific damage buffs which will maximize Sayu's Swirl damage and give a contribution to her healing capabilities.
Sayu has access to Swirl, allowing her to massively increase your team's damage by shredding enemies' elemental resistance.
Not recommended due to Sayu's high burst cost, low particle generation, and long cooldown. Only use this if you already have a VV user in your party.
This combination is only recommended if you only care about healing and are not aiming for team supportivity. You can use any combination of these sets as they all give the exact same buff.
This set will increase your team's reactions damage and it is easily accessible since the beginning.
This set will help your team's energy generation, it's a backup option in case your team isn't built around reactions.