Best Build for Itto in Genshin Impact
Pros & Cons
- Competitive DPS with a rare damage type
- Straightforward design but also rewarding to master
- There are technicalities to Itto's playstyle that truly separate him from other DPS options
- Building DEF, Mobility provide lots of durability
- Good Weapon selection
- Doesn't have great Artifact flexibility (wants 4pc set)
- Needing story-locked materials for growth hurts newer accounts
- Lacks access to reactions that scale up their own damage
- This point emphasizes that Itto is a moderately expensive unit to build.
- Optimized team requirements are fairly strict
- Itto really wants a Geo battery and Damage buffs
- This makes Gorou a perfect party member (Geo Battery + Defense buffs)
Perform up to 4 consecutive strikes.
When the 2nd and 4th strikes hit opponents, Itto will gain 1 or 2 stacks of Superlative Superstrength, respectively.
Max 5 stacks. Triggering this effect will refresh the current duration of any existing stacks.
Additionally, Itto's Normal Attack combo does not immediately reset after sprinting or using his Elemental Skill, "Masatsu Zetsugi: Akaushi Burst!"
When holding to perform a Charged Attack, Itto unleashes a series of Arataki Kesagiri slashes without consuming Stamina. Instead, each Arataki Kesagiri slash consumes 1 stack of Superlative Superstrength. When the final stack is consumed, Itto delivers a powerful final slash. If no stacks of Superlative Superstrength are available, Itto will perform a single Saichimonji Slash.
Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
Hurls Ushi, the young akaushi bull and auxiliary member of the Arataki Gang, dealing Geo DMG to opponents on hit.
When Ushi hits opponents, Arataki Itto gains 1 stack of Superlative Superstrength.
Ushi will remain on the field and provide support in the following ways:
- Taunts surrounding opponents and draws their attacks.
- Inherits HP based on a percentage of Arataki Itto's Max HP.
- When Ushi takes DMG, Arataki Itto gains 1 stack of Superlative Superstrength. Only 1 stack can be gained in this way every 2s.
- Ushi will flee when its HP reaches 0 or its duration ends. It will grant Arataki Itto 1 stack of Superlative Superstrength when it leaves.
Adjust throwing angle.
Ushi is considered a Geo Construct. Arataki Itto can only deploy 1 Ushi on the field at any one time.
Time to show 'em the might of the Arataki Gang! For a time, Itto lets out his inner Raging Oni King, wielding his Oni King's Kanabou in battle.
This state has the following special properties:
- Converts Itto's Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attacks to Geo DMG. This cannot be overridden.
- Increases Itto's Normal Attack SPD. Also increases his ATK based on his DEF.
- On hit, the 1st and 3rd strikes of his attack combo will each grant Arataki Itto 1 stack of Superlative Superstrength.
- Decreases Itto's Elemental and Physical RES by 20%.
The Raging Oni King state will be cleared when Itto leaves the field.
When a party member uses attacks to obtain wood from a tree, they have a 25% chance to obtain an additional log of wood.
When Arataki Itto uses consecutive Arataki Kesagiri, he obtains the following effects:
- Each slash increases the ATK SPD of the next slash by 10%. Max ATK SPD increase is 30%.
- Increases his resistance to interruption.
These effects will be cleared once he stops performing consecutive slashes.
Arataki Kesagiri DMG is increased by 35% of Arataki Itto's DEF.
After using Royal Descent: Behold, Itto the Evil!, Arataki Itto gains 2 stacks of Superlative Superstrength. After 1s, Itto will gain 1 stack of Superlative Superstrength every 0.5s for 1.5s.
After using Royal Descent: Behold, Itto the Evil!, each party member whose Element is Geo will decrease that skill's CD by 1.5s and restore 6 Energy to Arataki Itto. CD can be decreased by up to 4.5s in this manner. Max 18 Energy can be restored in this manner.
Increases the Level of Masatsu Zetsugi: Akaushi Burst! by 3.
Maximum upgrade level is 15.
When the Raging Oni King state caused by Royal Descent: Behold, Itto the Evil! ends, all nearby party members gain 20% DEF and 20% ATK for 10s.
Increases the Level of Royal Descent: Behold, Itto the Evil! by 3.
Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Arataki Itto's Charged Attacks deal +70% Crit DMG. Additionally, when he uses Arataki Kesagiri, he has a 50% chance to not consume stacks of Superlative Superstrength.
For a detailed breakdown of the best Itto teams go to the Itto team guide page.
Geo DPS Build
Itto falls under the hypercarry moniker where they need to take up high levels of investment in order to be useful but are justified as they compose a majority of your party's damage share. Itto can run into energy issues, but are solved by running a proper Geo Battery instead of overstacking lots of ER.
Normal Attack > Burst > Skill
Ittou's combo damage comes from his Normal Attack talent, while his Burst provides an ATK buff based on the DEF that Itto has.
Main stats: DEF/Geo/Crit
Substats: ER(until you can Burst consistently)/Crit/DEF
A reminder that Itto's Burst is a massive steroid to your damage potential giving ER a massive priority. Outside of that you want to strike a healthy balance between Crit and DEF.
Itto's signature weapon, if not the only real 5★ weapon for Itto. I's overall value is somewhat limited outside of Itto and Noelle though so it might not be a worthwhile pull.
Slight anti-synergy with Husk of Opulent Dreams is what keeps this weapon slightly lower than it should be.
F2P craftable option, its Ittou's recommended weapon. (However, this weapon is only really valuable on Itto and Noelle)
The ER substat is valuable to Itto providing more consistency while also providing useful passives.
Used mostly for the ER substat, it's a niche pick whose value comes from the extra skill cast smoothing out his ER requirements.
Itto doesn't have much better options than the Husk of Opulent Dreams, only bad thing about it is its fairly exclusive to Geo characters so it's not exactly resin efficient
When on the field, the character gains 1 stack after hitting an opponent with a Geo attack, triggering a maximum of once every 0.3s. When off the field, the character gains 1 stack every 3s. Curiosity can stack up to 4 times, each providing 6% DEF and a 6% Geo DMG Bonus.When 6 seconds pass without gaining a Curiosity stack, 1 stack is lost.
It's more important to just have 2pc Husk and treat the combinations as a transition phase into the 4pc.
It's a good 4pc set but its not better than Husk of Opulent Dreams While it's stronger than 2pc combinations, its not really recommended to farm this set for Itto.